Markham of Chesterfield
Ancestors and Descendants of John Markham
1680 - Yes, date unknown
||Between 1680 and 1690
||Yes, date unknown
||15 Jul 2018 |
||Benjamin Fletcher, b. Abt 1640, London, England , d. 28 May 1703, Boyle, Roscommon Co, Ireland |
||Elizabeth Hodson, b. Between 1640 and 1650, Ireland , d. Nov 1698, Ireland |
||William Piers, b. Abt 1665, Westmeath Co, Ireland , d. Nov 1746, Westmeath Co, Ireland |
| ||1. William Henry Piers, b. Abt 1700, Westmeath Co, Ireland , d. 1751, Portarlington, Queens Co, Ireland |
| ||2. Fletcher Piers, b. Abt 1702, Westmeath Co, Ireland , d. 1768, Killashee, Longford Co, Ireland |
| ||3. John Piers, b. Abt 1704, Westmeath Co, Ireland , d. 1768, Dublin, Dublin Co, Ireland |
| ||4. George Frederick Nassau Piers, b. Abt 1710, Westmeath Co, Ireland , d. 1768, Dublin, Dublin Co, Ireland |
| ||5. Jane Piers, b. Abt 1710, Westmeath Co, Ireland , d. Yes, date unknown|
- Abstract of the Will of Benjamin Fletcher of Dublin, Ireland, Esq; dated 30 Oct 1701; recorded 1703; includes sketch of Coat of Arms; mentions - daughter Vincentia Fletcher, daughter Ratham Fletcher, son Benjamin Fletcher, estate in co Louth, Ireland.
[source] Bethem Abstracts of Ireland; FHL Film #595941; vol 23 pg 5.
[pam garrett's comment] Ratham Fletcher may be same as Catherine Fletcher.
Rev William Piers, eldest son of Major Henry Piers, became chaplain to sir Charles Fielding's regiment of foot, and died in November 1746. He married Catharine, second daughter of Colonel Benjamin Fletcher, governor of Pennsylvania, and had -
a. William Piers
b. Henry Piers, a Captain of Foot, who died at Portarlington 1741, widow Anne
c. Rev Fletcher Piers, incoment of Ardagh, married 1739 Anne, daughter of Lt Arthur Gailbraith
d. John Piers, of Dublin who married a daughter of Mr Medlicott of Dublin and died 1763
note - Sir Charles Fielding was an officer of the Irish army, and Colonel of the King's regiment of Guards in that kingdom; successively governor of Culmore Fort (Londonderry), Limerick, and Kilmainham (hospital).
The parish of Ballymore has a chalice which dates from 1723. It is inscribed, " The gift of the Parishrs of Ballymore. Ye Revd. Wm. Piers, Minister. George Lennon and John Dawson, Churchwardens. 1723.
[source] History of the diocese of Meath, John Healy, 1908.
Ballymore in county Westmeath (also known as ) is the site of the derelict St Owen Church. The town of Ballymore is about two miles from Low Baskin, where member of the Piers and Fletcher families lived.
Notes for Catherine Fletcher; compiled by Pamela Hutchison Garrett, 2015; for Markham of Chesterfield website.